Coping Cue Cards™ Sensory Deck
The Coping Cue Cards™ Sensory Deck is a deck of cards designed to help kids learn healthy coping skills. The Sensory Deck has 44 coping skills cards with simple strategies that use a child's senses to help them regulate their emotions.
A sample of the Sensory Coping Skills included in the Deck are:
- Touch: Use mermaid fabric, use hand warmers, lay down on soft blankets or pillows
- Taste: eat something sour, eat something chewy
- Smell: use a sensory with calming scents, put on lotion
- Visual: Watch a lava lamp, turn down the lights or turn them off
- Auditory: Listen to sounds on a sound machine, like birds chirping, frogs croaking, waterfalls, ocean waves, or white noise
- Proprioceptive: stack and carry heavy books, move chairs, wall push ups, use a weighted stuffed animal or lap pad
- Vestibular: stand on a balance board, sit and move on a scooter board, crab walk
We know that not all coping skills work in all places. To make it easier, we’ve included cheerful divider cards to help you sort skills by different settings like when traveling, at school, at social events, and in stores & restaurants.
There are so many ways to use the Sensory Deck: to help kids identify which coping skills they already use and love, as a visual reminder to use a coping skill, or as a way to find new coping skills to expand their toolbox.
Are these skills different from the cards in the Discovery Deck?
YES, there are 44 different sensory coping strategies included in this deck!
What about the other coping styles in the Discovery Deck?
Stay tuned; we are in the process of making a unique deck for each of the five Coping Styles. Join our newsletter and be the first to know when our new products are available.
If you are looking for a variety of types of coping skills right now, check out the Discovery Deck! The Discovery Deck has 40 cards sorted into 5 Coping Styles: Relaxation, Distraction, Movement, Processing, and Sensory.